You probably recently heard about the PRISM surveillance system and the security and privacy issues raised by hosting data on American cloud services. ContactOffice protects your data against such systems. We value your data and privacy.
"A collaborative mobility solution with a bullet proof support".
E. Jaunart - Mielabelo
- Hosting your data on our servers, located in Europe and managed by a European company protects them from the American government and intelligence agencies ("Patriot Act", PRISM).
- Your data and their back-ups are hosted exclusively on European soil. We therefore comply with the European and Belgian legislation and regulations, among others these regarding data protection. You have a right to consult, rectify and delete your data (the right to be forgotten). If you ask for the deletion of your account, all your data will be completely deleted from our application.
- We entirely control our servers: we wrote the software and no subcontractor can access our systems. The team members who can access the system have signed a confidentiality agreement.
- In case of an inquiry we require an official injunction signed by a judge to reveal any data.
- In addition your data are "anonymized" and spread throughout our servers: in case of intrusion, they cannot be located.
- Since more than 13 years, our mission is hosting and protecting your data. Our business model relies on paid subscriptions and customized versions. Therefore, we don't analyze data to create marketing profiles nor do we monetize users through advertising.
- Access to virtual office is protected by personal login and password.
- When idle for some time, the virtual office automatically closes. You can set the number of minutes of idle time (between 1 and 120).
- Virtual office uses temporary 256-bit cookies to control and manage access; they are automatically deleted when session ends.
- All data exchanged between our servers and your computer are encrypted with SSL (Secure Socket Layer).
- Each data (a contact, an event, a document, etc.) has its own access rights (view, add, delete).
- By default, all data in your private environment may be accessed only by yourself.
- All data in groups may be accessed only by group members who have access rights.
Hosting in a professional data centre
- 99,8% service level (accessibility)
- Minimal access time, whatever your ISP in the world
- Access control to servers area (physical security)
- Firewall systems (logical security)
- Permanent monitoring (24h/24)
- Redundant network access (many ISP)
- Batteries and generators
- Back-up servers starting in case main servers would fail
If ever you would like to terminate the usage of our service, you will be able to export all your data in standard formats.